One of the lessons my Grandmother taught me in the kitchen is how to utilize canned fruits and vegetables. Yes, canned foods offer everyday ease and value-which is especially comforting during these times of stress and uncertainty. But, they can also help make eating healthy more convenient. Til this day, I always keep my pantry well stocked with all my favorite canned fruits, vegetables and lean proteins. And today, I’m showing you how to make the best Fiesta Chicken Enchiladas using canned ingredients.
Now, canned fruits and vegetables can easily add value to your healthy diet primarily because of the canning process. The efficiency of modern canning facilities make it possible to lock in nutrients pretty fast. Canned produce goes from field to package within 4 hours of harvest. This process allows us access seasonal fruits and vegetables at their peak ripeness and nutrition all year round.
5 MORE FACTS TO GET YOU COOKING WITH CANS:
- Canned foods can help reduce the amount of perishable food Americans waste per year.
- During the canning process, peels, cores and other inedible plant matter are removed and reused as agricultural feed compost.
- Metal cans can be recycled over and over again, making canned foods environmentally friendly.
- With over 1,500 varieties of canned foods available year-round, you will always have access to a world of ingredients.
- A well-stocked pantry of canned foods can provide the recommended 42 cups of fruit and 53 cups of vegetables an average family needs every week.
So, the next time you hit up the grocery store, think about adding some canned fruits and vegetables to your cart. They are convenient, they provide incredible value, they encourage sustainability and they help you sustain a nutritious and heathy lifestyle.
HOW TO MAKE FIESTA CHICKEN ENCHILADAS:
Fiesta chicken enchiladas make for a cozy, simple and delicious meal while using mostly canned foods. From the chicken to the enchilada sauce, I was able to find everything we need for this recipe with ease.
For more quick and easy dinner ideas, click HERE.Print
This post is in collaboration with Cans Get You Cooking. However, all thoughts, opinions and content are my own. As you know, I only work with brands and companies I wholeheartedly believe in. And, I will always strive to introduce you to the brands and businesses that are working to better our lives as a whole. Thank you for your continued support of Clean Foodie Cravings.