I really love that we are all trying to be more intentional with our purchases. So I am gifting you a Small Business Holiday gift guide. As a small business myself, being able to support small businesses, especially those of color, means everything to me. I want to keep things simple for you, so the guide is minimal, but fantastic. I hope you find something for your loved one.
Many of the brands I am sharing have Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales going so definitely check their websites to see how you can save some coins.
Some of the links used in this post are affiliate links. This means I will make a small commission from each order placed through that link at no cost to you. Thank you for your continued support.
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE – FOR THE HOMEBODY
From left to right:
- Lollia Imagine bubble bath – the fragrance is willow and lotus which I wasn’t sure about at first, but I promise you, it is INCREDIBLE! It’s soft and soothing, yet feels so luxurious. It’s the prefect gift for anyone who enjoys bath-time
- Cookie Society Classic Sampler – the perfect gift for your foodie friends. Truly if you don’t know what to get someone, a box of these cookies is all you need! *Black Owned
- Balanced Bites Meals – Having these meals in my freezer is always a lifesaver! On those days when I’m working through meals balanced bites meals is EVERYTHING!! These are actually flavorful, made with clean ingredients AND the portions are generous! It’s the perfect gift for your friend who is crazy busy or just had a baby but want healthy and flavorful meals on hand. (Use code “CLEANFOODIE15 for $15 off your first box) *Woman Owned
- Sweet Garden Flower Candle – this is the gift for your friend who has the aesthetically pleasing home. It smells so incredible but it’s almost too pretty to burn. Every candle is made to order. *Woman Owned
- Butter Me Up Goods Body Butter – these come in lots of different scents. But they are all spectacular! So moisturizing but not greasy. It’s the best after exfoliating. Everyone will love it! They even have options for the men in your life. *Black Owned
- Sweet July’s Edgewater stoneware 5 piece set – this is exactly what your friends or family member who just bought a home needs. They are so well made, beautiful and you can add more pieces to make it a larger set. *Black Woman Owned
- Women of Change Bath Balm – this is so cute I had to include it in this gift guide. It’s definitely a great way to share and start conversations about the incredible stories of women who have changed our world. I think this would be wonderful for anyone but especially your young teenagers or nieces. *Woman Owned
- Forvrmood Luxury Candles – you can’t go wrong with these candles!! These candles are made with 100% coconut soy wax and the throw on each candle is something you have to experience. It’s the pretty gift for your bougie girlfriends. *Black Woman Owned
- Jones Custom Cutting Boards – Every home cook or chef needs a good cutting board. The lovely people at Jones Cutting Board made my cutting board and I am telling you, whom ever you gift one of these to will love you forever.
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE – GIFTS FOR HIM
From left to right:
- Tote & Carry Apollo Duffel – you can thank Oprah for putting these on my radar. I already picked up two of them for my uncles. They look so beautiful. It’s perfect for that loved one who is always on the go. *Minority Owned
- Stay Currant The Catch 3 – it’s beautiful and sleek wireless charging for all your devices and a place to organize accessories. Perfect for the bedside table. My brother in law is always losing jewelry and things so I know he’s gonna love this.
- Løci Nine – vegan sneakers handmade in Portugal. These are so beautiful and made from sustainable materials! I actually picked on up for myself because I need something too! But these will make a great gift for the guy or lady in your life. *Black Owned
- Clermo Personalized toiletry bags – This is something I gifted a couple of the men in my life last year, and they are still raving about it. These are handmade is gorgeous. It’s a great family owned Etsy shop that does wonderful work. *Family Owned
- Linoto Linen Sheets – I think we can all agree most of the men in our lives need a lot of help in the homemaking department. I say that in the most feminist way possible. These sheets are so good! My cousin was telling me how much she loves them so I had to pick some up for my brother so we can stop sleeping on those cheap target sheets. Good bedding means you’re officially an adult. So give the gift of adulthood to someone you love. *Black Owned
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE – GIFTS FOR HER
From left to right:
- Tencel Head Wrap – I love a good head wrap. They can be protective and stylish. Everyone woman needs a few in her closet for those days when you just don’t want to pick up a curling iron. The wrap life brand has wonderful wraps in many different styles for everyone on your list. *Black Owned
- Daniel Diyepriye’s IBUKUN totes – these come in a couple sizes and they are a statement! I treated myself to the black tote a few months ago and every time I wear it, I get so many compliments. It’s a splurge but if you want to spoil a lady in your life, THIS IS IT! *Black Owned
- Omi Woods Egyptian coin necklace – All of Ashley’s jewelry turns heads. But I am very interested in this Egyptian coin necklace. It’s doing things for me. *Black Woman Owned
- 1929 Galore’s travel jewelry case – the sleek and intentional design is what makes this jewelry box a must gift. And grab one for yourself too I know I did. While you’re there, pick up a few pieces of jewelry because TeQuia never fails to impress me with her unique creations. *Black Woman Owned
BOOKS AND COOKBOOKS
I have to share my favorite books/cookbooks by black authors with you and a shameless plug as well.
From left to right:
- Grandbaby Cakes cookbook – I don’t even love baking y’all. But, I find myself flipping through this book a lot. It will make a great adventure for anyone who loves to bake.
- Tabitha Brown’s “Feeding the Soul” – I started reading it is filled with so much goodness. If you know anything about Tabitha Brown, you have to have this book. Or, grab it for someone who needs a good read.
- One Pot Keto Cooking – I mean come one! I wasn’t going to make a list of black cookbook authors and not add my cookbook to the list. Baby you need her, all the recipes are low carb friendly and they are easy and delicious. Need I say more?
- Trevor Noah’s Born a Crime – READ THIS BOOK/GIVE TO ANY AND EVERYONE WHO LOVES A GOOD BOOK. This is probably one of my favorite books of all time. It’s so funny, sad, filled with courage and strength. Yet there’s this beautiful pride that Trevor has for this mother that truly just shines throughout the book. I couldn’t put it down. I’ve read it multiple times.
- Ayesha Curry’s Full Plate Cookbook – Ayesha such a breath of fresh air and so are her recipes in this book. The recipes are fast and easy dinners the whole family will enjoy.
- Black Girl Baking – Another cookbook I can’t stop admiring. Beautiful recipes I will hopefully have the patience to try one day. But this is another great one for anyone who adores baking.