This holiday season is anything but normal, but for those who can give this season, here is a collection of some of my favorite gifts from small businesses all across the country. It is vital that we continue to support our small businesses during this time. They are always the ones who consistently support our communities. So please if you can, let’s support them by purchasing our gifts from them. The only way they can continue to bring us quality products is if we continue to support them. This small business holiday gift guide is exactly what we all need right now to continue to support one another.
Apart from the gift guides, I will also be listing some local to Minnesota businesses that you can support if you are in the Minneapolis area. And, I encourage you to use the comment section and leave some of your favorite small businesses so we can all support.
Some of the links are affiliate links but most of them aren’t. Affiliate links mean I will make a small portion of the sale when you use that link. There is no extra cost to you.
GIFTS FOR THE FOODIE/COOK
For all the home cooks, chefs, or foodies in your life. Items are in order from top to bottom, from left to right.
- Custom cutting boards from Jones Cutting Boards – I got my cutting from here and it is the best investment ever! If you have someone in your life who loves to cook, this is the best gift. They also make customer knives!
- Surrender Salmon – This one is for the Minnesotans! Truly, this is hands down the best salmon in the midwest. Great gift for anyone who loves to cook or loves seafood.
- Cookie Society holiday crate – Founded by Marissa and Jeff Allen, these cookies are out of this world delicious. I don’t even think I need to say anything else. AND. they are a part of Oprah’s favorite things this year! *BLACK-OWNED
- Black Ceramic Pour Over Coffee Maker– I am so excited about this because I know a few people who are “coffee connoisseurs and they are going to love this! Isn’t it gorgeous too?
- Wooden Spatulas – Every home cook needs good wooden spoons. I grabbed a few of these a month ago and I love them. They are great for gifting especially if someone is “hard to shop for”
- Trade Street Jam Co– I was introduced to Trade street jam company a few months back and let me tell you, their jams are next level.
- Balanced Bites Spices – My favorite spice line by my dear friend Diane Sanfilippo. If you haven’t tried Diane’s spices, now is the time to do so. With the black Friday sale, it’s a wonderful time to introduce all your foodie friends to the magic of Diane’s blends.
- Almond Cow – If you make nut milk at home, you need this in your life NOW! I have a full tutorial on how to use this beautiful machine. Their first EVER black Friday sale is on NOW!
FOR THE FASHIONISTA
I am someone who is very much an accessories kind of girl, so I am always on the hunt for small brands I can support. These are just a few of my favorites. Items are in order from top to bottom from left to right.
- Grace Eleyae’s adjustable satin lined cap– You can dress it up when you don’t know what to do with your hair, or, wear it to protect your hair at night. *BLACK-OWNED
- Africa Elephant Necklace – a gold plated necklace repping the motherland. I absolutely love this one. They also have earrings that are the same style. *BLACK-OWNED
- Bobbie earring by EllieMayClay – This shop was founded by two sisters and it is the cutest thing. I absolutely love how unique their pieces are. *BLACK-OWNED
- “A woman’s place is in the house, the senate, and the oval office” shirt– For those who love personalized gifts, I love this shop especially because the sass is right up my alley.
- 1929 Galore rings, necklaces, earrings – If you’ve been a fam member for a while, you know how much I love Tequia’s jewelry. She makes the most unique statement pieces but also simple and elegant pieces. Any woman in your life will love her pieces. *BLACK-OWNED
GIFTS FOR HIM
I couldn’t forget about the men in our lives. These are a few items I’ve picked up for the men in my life, so hope you find something for your guys. Items are in order from top to bottom from left to right.
- Personalized Dopp kit – I picked up a couple of these as gifts for family members and I think it’s a great useful gift to keep your man organized. Or, if he travels a lot, this is the perfect gift. Very well made.
- Honour Calm Beard Oil – I gifted this to a friend and he loved it so It’s on my list again this year. Minnesota small business but they ship nationwide.
- Honour Prep Shave Well Cream – This is a WONDERFUL shaving cream. I actually use this myself but it is also great for the guys in your life.
- Mcbride Sister’s Red Blend 2017 – This is a very easy to drink red blend. Sometimes, the wine doesn’t need to have a crazy price tag to be a good bottle. This one is just that. With the extended oak aging, it’s a bit softer on the palate. It’s a good bottle to enjoy after a long day. *BLACK-OWNED
- Benson by Marcel Cardinal collection – I actually purchased a watch a year ago from this brand for my uncle and he loves it. They are very well made and incredibly beautiful watches. You can’t go wrong by gifting a great watch. *BLACK-OWNED
FOR THE HOMEBODY/HOMEMAKER
Now, this is the creme de la creme. With many of us staying at home right now, this is the perfect section to give the gift of relaxation with all the cozy vibes. Items are in order from top to bottom from left to right.
- Taylor Three Stripe Turkish Thrown Blanket – Now, let me tell you, I own a few Turkish throw blankets so I had to share these with you guys. They feel amazing and you can’t go wrong gifting these to someone special. *Woman-owned
- Cedar Street Candles – This is a recommendation from one of my internet family members and I already ordered a few for gifting. Lots of wonderful reviews.
- Loomia Christmas Gift Sets – Speaking of my love of Turkish throw blankets, Loomia was the first brand I purchased from and they are exceptional. Their gift sets make the perfect gift. I love these sets because they are also featuring other small businesses which is a dope thing to do.
- Whipped Body Butter – I love this shop. owned by a husband and wife duo, they specialize in making incredible whipped body butter. Everything is organic and made to order. It’s a divine experience. *BLACK-OWNED
- “My Sister’s Keeper” Print – I fell in love with this shop upon a recommendation from a friend. Beautiful artwork with a powerful message. Anyone would enjoy these works of art. I already got a few for my Aunt and I can’t wait for her to fall in love with them.
- ForvrMood Candles – a luxury candle brand founded by youtube Jackie Aina. I admire everything she does. Her work in the beauty space, holding a lot of brands accountable for continuously ignoring black women. And I will forever support anything she does. But for real, these candles are AMAZING and very well made. They go quick, so cop them up now. *BLACK-OWNED
- Pacific Thyme CBD bath bombs – Rachel’s signature CBD bath bombs are inspired by life on her family farm. All are handmade in California with organic essential oils. Vegan and cruelty-free. *Woman-owned
- ”Ew David” Mug – of course, my obsession with Schitt’s Creek has spilled over into buying cute mugs and things with all the Schitt’s creek quotes on them. This mug was actually a gift from a dear friend and if you’re coming from Instagram, here is the link if you want to grab one for yourself and a friend who is in love with the show.
MORE OF MY FAVORITE BRANDS
Now, I want to share some of my favorite small brands that offer an array of different services and products. Browse this list if you can’t find anything above.
- Ancient cosmetics – Incredible skincare and body products! *black-owned
- Sugar Valley Stationary and Prints – all the Schitt’s Creek swag you could ever want. I’ve ordered a few things I’m so excited.
- Sweet Water Decor – I absolutely love this shop. Everything is exceptional. Love her mugs and Turkish throws.
- Byegreis – This is honestly my favorite clothing boutique. She makes clothes are every BODY and I do mean that! her sizing is very intentional and the clothes are well made. She is having a 30% off sitewide Black Friday sale right now! So, go grab some goodies for you or a friend. *Woman-owned
- Carly Jean Los Angelos – Most of my loungewear comes from Carly. Now, her shop is very “California girl” chic, but the clothes are comfortable and well made. The sizing is pretty standard, I hope she does expand her sizing in the future. 30% off sitewide Black Friday sale going on NOW! *Woman-owned
- Primally Pure – if you know me at all, you know I love all things Primally Pure. Their deodorant and body butter is perfection. Today, they just launched their Holiday collection which includes body butter, body wash, a candle, and lip balm. For black Friday, you will get FREE SHIPPING on all orders. Plus, spend $75, get $10 off, spend $100, get $20 off, spend $150, get $35 off. *Woman-owned
- Mother Plants – local to Minneapolis, but they do ship everything (except live plants) worldwide. This is one of my favorite places because of how unique their items are and they are wonderful people.